Sunday, February 4, 2018

Today beat yesterday...

Superbowl Sunday - not a big deal personally as other than sparsely following these days, I also don't have much interest in either team. I think it will be hard to deny the Pats the win working hard for Brady, but I do enjoy the underdog. For everyone watching, I hope it is a good game if nothing else since blowouts are really only fun for fans of one team.

Anyway, I figured the first day was going to be the better day as there would be less duplicates, but with both days being sparse on the Leafs, it is the other inserts today which make it best.

As for the new base cards, 13 of 20 new ones today - could have been a bit better, but not too bad...



And the dupes...


As for the inserts, here are the new ones...


The best of the bunch is the McDavid Phenom card. Very sweet looking in hand with the acetate look.

As for the insert duplicates...

I swear there were only two Top 100 cards since I had both of these yesterday and duplicates today.

Overall, very nice with the Phenom inserts. Too bad there wasn't more Leaf content, but thems the breaks.

Also today, not as exciting, but still nice to have to go through, the pile of Value Village cards I was also given at Christmas time. Unfortunately, but is early 90s hockey which I likely have on first glance, but let's see if there is anything for keeps...



So in the bunch of hockey cards, the runaway winner is the Toronto team set Vernon Wells from 2006 Topps. Not sure how it got in the bunch, but there you have it. Other than that, the keepers are mostly cards I didn't yet have, an added Leaf, and an added error card for that binder.

As for the dupes - plenty...








Not a bad group of cards with plenty of All Stats, just not ones I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment