Saturday, December 23, 2017

Toronto Box Day 23 - Accounting For Language

At some point, I am going to have to go back over the early 90s hockey sets and look to make sure I correctly picked up the different sets based on the different languages. Between Score, Pinnacle...Pro Set even...I am just not sure I have them all right. Even with the new cards today, I balked at a couple because I thought no way, I must already have the 1991-92 Pinnacle English Wendel, or the 1992-93 Pinnacle Bilingual Wendel - but nope, apparently not. I might have to call shenanigans on myself....




I will say, very happy to see a couple more Blacks Photography cards though, but I know I have seen that Andreychuk picture before. I'd guess probably the Score card from the same year.

I will also take the opportunity to use the Zezel Pinnacle card as it looks like a soccer card, to mention, as it does, the pre-MLS soccer league. I didn't know Peter Zezel was on the Toronto Blizzard, but before MLS in North America, there was the North American Soccer League which obviously didn't stick.

Plenty of dupes today...





Actually also a few cards I am not keeping at all.

The Douggie cards show pre-NHL and discuss minor league stats, etc, so I don't consider this for my collection. It is a cool card, but if anyone needs one (or six), just let me know.

Blue Jays Leafs Other
New Base 58 156 51
New Other 16 12
Dupes Base 243 416
Dupes Other 6 2
Total 323 586 51 960

No comments:

Post a Comment