Thursday, June 15, 2017

Expos-ed with some Listia to boot

Listia catch up! Just a few wins to share quickly....


Was able to pick up this lot of packs - 1993-94 Upper Deck. I picked it up because I didn't have an unopened pack for that part of my collection, but hey, three more for opening...whenever! Bonus!

I also picked up a couple other oversized wins...

One of my missing 1997-98 5" by 7" Bee Hive cards - frankly the only time I am happy to see Patricia...

Also one the Leaf below, but received the bonus card too...

Nice Lindros card indeed.

In hockey, you like either the Leafs or Les Canadiens - there is really no middle ground. In baseball, I don't think it was ever the same way. I was always a Jays fan first, but rooted for an all Canadian World Series (which unfortunately never happened). There is just more tendency to like both teams - maybe because in baseball, both were really considered underdogs compared to the multitude of American teams otherwise.

Highlight:

Maybe that is why I can let it go that there is only one card for keeping today when it is a nice team pic, and it happens to be a Canadian baseball team. The card isn't in the greatest of conditions, but late 70s Expos (or Jays) are nice cards to get. I think I have said before, these team photos should be brought back in full force. Also, I don't mind the team checklist on the back, by I would even prefer team leaders for a couple main stats.

The rest
Traders:

The good in 2008 Donruss Elite here - down to about 20 of the 100 true base cards left to complete the set! This knocked of about 6 more. Also, the second, I believe, 2009-2010 basketball Topps card after that Stephen Curry rookie. I know the set is hard to come by in unopened packs because of the Stephen Curry rookie cards, but would be nice to get a few more through the Santa Lot for trading cards. I mean, if I have to get more basketball, might as well be good!

Through 8480 cards
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 137 15
Inserts / Var Kept 299 36
Error 15 2
Keep 1715 246
Doubles/Sell 1250 176 1383 2514 266 29
Doubles Inserts / Var 93 1 102 201

4 comments:

  1. Ricky Rubio was the first person born in the 1990s to be drafted in the NBA. Little bit of random trivia that so far is his claim to fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think another difference in Baseball is that Toronto and Montreal were in separate leagues and didn't play each other, unlike the Leafs and Canadiens.
    Mind you, if the Giants had moved to Toronto like they were thinking before the Jays came into existence, it'd be a different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably a good part of it. Might be my dislike for the Habs just rubbing off on me as far as Montreal goes as a whole.

      Delete