Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A lightning quick trade and return of a set to the Santa Lot

I haven't been up to too many trades with the busy time of March and April, but there were a few transactions proposed to me earlier this month, and here is one recently completed. This is with Lightningfan7609 at the Trading Card DB and who has a blog here - http://hopefulchase.blogspot.ca/. I definitely owe some cards back at some point because although the message from Justin was that he was starting to reduce his collection and didn't mind getting less and giving up more - I'd still like to throw a few more cards his way.

Anyway - what did I get?

Well these!


Ok, I know. These are not cards I specifically collect (or regarding the football....at all), but they were used in the packaging of the Leaf cards, and in fine condition, so I get to keep these too!


We start with a couple 1987-88 O Pee Chee stickers and a couple 1991-92 Pro Set cards - but not duplicates as these are the French versions!


Classic early 90s Leafs including a number of typically sweet Stadium Club cards.


Yeah - a number of Doug Gilmour cards in this package, and I am in no way complaining about that! This is the first Ice Masters card I've had - really nice and in line with a hockey version of Diamond Kings. Also the first Premier Pivot insert, also a nice Gilmour, and very purple.


The Mats die cast card, middle right, is special - this is the 100th Mats Sundin card in my collection. Actually the first Leaf player to reach this mark in my collection, though won't be the last. The Jonsson card in the middle is a quirky one as it is from the collectible card game.


A few cards I haven't seen before - the first 1996-97 Donruss cards I have in my collection, as well as 1998-99 SPx Mats card - bottom right. This is actually serial numbered to 9500, which is low for the time period of the late 90s.


I really like the Starquest cards (and of course the blue more than say the green, given the Leafs). It is actually also my first 1999-2000 Topps card too.


Even more sets that I didn't have at all before here including 2001-02 Stadium Club and 2001 Paramount. That said, I really like the 2008-09 Ultra design with the full bleed photos.


Here are the last of them, ending on a great note with the nice gold medallion parallel, and an Artifacts card (one of my favourite sets - any Artifacts set actually).

Huge thanks, and great trade, I just look forward to making a bit more even some time.

Some times there have been a lull between getting cards in sets through the Santa Lot, but glad to see this one come back...

Highlights:

Wasn't sure how long it would be before seeing more of these, but glad to get three more needs out of the way and the base set completion now over 75%. Man, I really enjoy these cards.

The rest
Traders:

Unfortunately no other keepers from the Lot today, but a positive still in two regards/ First, can't argue with the dupes from the 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics with the quality of Stan and Guy. Second, good that about half of the 2008 Donruss Elite cards are new including Chad Ochocinco.

Through 8240 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2005 Upper Deck Classics (100 card pure base)
- 3 Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subsets (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum #64 Marcel Dionne Platinum 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
- 2009-10 Topps #321 Stephen Curry (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 135 15
Inserts / Var Kept 298 34
Error 15 2
Keep 1672 243
Doubles/Sell 1175 173 1326 2464 264 29
Doubles Inserts / Var 93 1 101 200

No comments:

Post a Comment