Thursday, October 27, 2016

Shark Fest

Before today's theme another quick 6 random hockey cards from Listia...


Lucky that I needed both Parkhurst cards, and this is the first 2011-12 Artifacts card I have received. I generally really like Artifact cards, so no surprise that I enjoy this set as well based on this first card anyway.


A glossy parallel - at least this makes the 6 a win since I will keep this in my collection.


Lastly, the couple cards for trade. I really don't need the minor league cards...but am sure we will see more of these through the Santa Lot.

Moving on...a theme for today, straightforward and simple...Sharks...easy to follow along I swear, but here we go...

Highlights:

This is oddball enough, I just had to put it as a highlight.Nothing on the card tells me the year of this, the perforations make it appear to be an insert, my guess is, from the National Geographic Kids magazines, though period, I'm not sure about.

Add in a 2008-09 Metal (or is it Gold...hard to tell with the scan...) parallel, and that is a couple nice highlights.

The rest
Keepers:

The 2004-05 SP Authentic cards eek me closer to 1/3 completion, even if the cards include one ugly King retro jersey. Well, I will say the Joe Thornton card is more the Shark I was expecting to see in these cards than the Pelagic Thresher above.

Traders:

Nicely on the smaller side, a lot of keepers today which is great. Continuing the Shark theme - Rob Blake, who I remember most as a King, but did end up with the Sharks for a short spell as well as documented here.

Through 4620 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 88 8
Inserts / Var Kept 138 9
Error 11 1
Keep 1153 143
Doubles/Sell 548 27 979 1111 236 21
Doubles Inserts / Var 49 1 54 63

3 comments:

  1. I fully expected the sharks in this post to call San Jose home, not the ocean. Nice oddball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't the type of shark I was ever expecting to pull either, but awesome oddball to see indeed.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking along with Billy lol

    ReplyDelete