Monday, October 3, 2016

Leaf of a different colour

Before getting to today's Santa Lot picks, a quick 6 pic up from Listia...6 hockey cards, random came out with...


These are traders...sorry Ron, I scanned you upside down - my bad.


Nothing spectacular out of the sic, but atleast a few cards I didn't have - overall though, definitely a fail...I really should stop getting these...

A couple items today to which the title refers...

Highlight:

As I've mentioned before, the base set for 2004 Leaf Rookies & Stars has stars (1-100) rookies (1-100) and then serial numbered rookies and memorabilia cards the rest of the base set. Well, this is the first from the serial numbered cards at the end of the base set that I've found in the Santa Lot.

The rest
Keepers:

The Leaf of a different colour here would be Cujo. I enjoyed his Toronto stint, but he then moved on to Detroit and then here shown with Phoenix. The Roenick card reminds me of the Leaf/Chicago clashes in the early 90s and late 80s. As this was when I really got into watching hockey, I remember these clashes well and really disliked Jeremy Roenick. My fav Roenick moment was the insult interactions with Patrick Roy - I am sure you have seen the highlight, but if not check YouTube - classic trash talking.

Traders:

More 2004 Leaf Rookies & Stars, including Ocho Cinco. Also, believe it or not, nice to see the 1991-92 Pro Set card - I am only missing a few of these cards and fingers crossed they come out of the Santa Lot. Also, nice of Patrick Roy showing up since I mentioned him above...

Through 4280 cards;
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 81 6
Inserts / Var Kept 130 7
Error 11 1
Keep 1069 123
Doubles/Sell 488 26 901 1035 236 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 38 1 52 56


No comments:

Post a Comment