Monday, October 10, 2016

Have no Fleer - we're talkin' baseball

What an exciting game last night with the Jays putting away the Rangers in three games, though it did take an extra inning last night. Glad it is done as I am not sure whether they would have been able to close in 4 or make it a nail biter.

For anyone that watched the game, hope you caught the sign highlighted at the end of the game which read "Better to be punched in May than to be knocked out in October". A good sign indeed. Also kind of glad that the winning run came in due to an Odor throw...anyway - atleast the Jays get a few days rest before meeting up with Boston (my hope as far as being a better series - we will have to see if it happens).

Glad to not only see another baseball card today, but a highlight too!

Highlight:

Not a big power hitter, but a decent hand in the outfield. Reed isn't a player I remember much of, but my fandom was at a low in 2003-2006 as I finished up university and was studying through my CA exams.

Lowlight:

Luckily I have one of these already because the quality of this one just isn't good enough to keep. This will go to my son given the condition as it is below what I like to have for trading.

The rest
Keepers:

A number of 2006-07 Fleer hockey cards. The more I see, the more the design is growing on me. I especially like the Legace card - nice pose.

Traders:



Through 4380 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Complete 2003-04 SP Authentic Basketball (90 card pure base)
- Complete 2007-08 UD McDonald's Hockey Checklist Subset (6 cards)
- 1973-74 O-Pee-Chee Hockey #30 Bobby Orr (All-Star)
- 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics Platinum Hockey #64 Marcel Dionne 06/10
- 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 Variations Basketball  #112 Kevin Durant (Rookie)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 83 7
Inserts / Var Kept 130 8
Error 11 1
Keep 1098 124
Doubles/Sell 496 27 931 1057 236 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 41 1 53 57

No comments:

Post a Comment