Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pack Attack - 2008-09 Upper Deck MVP

A special day today for those that mark milestones as this is post 200...but since I don't really worry about such things (much) - enough said about that...

One of my best pick ups out of a pack came from an MVP pack. Actually, I believe the sets around this time, finding hits was fairly easy in some ways from the packs. The jersey cards were thick and the packs were not made to try and be the same whether or not a hit was inside. Some were "fake" hits, but if you found a thick pack, it was about 50/50 that it would be a hit. I am by no means a pack searcher, and do not condone the activity, I came upon this in a couple boxes of 20 packs of cards which came with a few packs, one or two being much thicker than the others.

I can tell from getting this pack...
That there is no jersey hit thick card, but let's see what there is....


This will likely be the "special" card of the pack...


From his time back with the Ducks - where he always belongs....
\









First goalie of the pack...

No Leafs, but I like the simplistic design, though I could do without the faux signatures (though the silver is a nice design for doing it, if they must.

Decent pack as all the cards are new to me, but nothing specific for my collections...

No comments:

Post a Comment