Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Blue Jay Listia wins and Leaf #1,000

Picked up a couple Jays on Listia. Although no Jays were represented last night in the Home Run Derby, it was a great event - I am enjoying the new time and bracket set up to the event. I'm not one who necessarily enjoys change, but I think they got this one right.

Got this as a one off win - and didn't have it before...


The second win was for the Alomar card below and a pitcher
 
I'll consider that a win, given it was a Jay, and with Bo thrown in well (even if a 1991 Score Bo), I can't complain.

Anyway, I know it's not a huge number, and is about half of my Blue Jay collection. It also includes the multiple copies of cards, but hey, it is still a milestone and we reach it here with today's Santa Lot 20!

Highlights:

There it is - card 1.000 - Darryl Boyce who, at time of the card, had player 1 game and had no points. He played for parts of the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons for Toronto as well before moving on to Columbus.

The other highlights, I will consider inserts given the small set size, and are not really the base set cards, as they are National Baseball Card Day. I had not seen either of these before, and like the upper deck one a bit more than the Topps one (though I wasn't a huge fan of the 2008 Topps set design to begin with).

The rest
Keepers:

Nothing spectacular for keeps here, but another rookie card isn't too bad.

Traders:

A chunk of 1991-92 7th Inning minor league hockey, a nice duplicate 2007 McD checklist, a Glossy parallel Fleer basketball card - and some new to me 2003-04 SP Authentic base cards. A varied number of cards which is always great to see - though I'd still take more hockey and baseball.

Through 3060 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 63 5
Inserts / Var Kept 96 6
Error 11 1
Keep 823 90
Doubles/Sell 302 15 559 741 231 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 23 35 40

No comments:

Post a Comment