Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What exactly is this?

First - things I do know - another 20 baseball cards from Listia:

Highlights:

Just the one Jay, but a new one for me which is great.

The rest
Keepers:

Wide variety. The Donruss Triple Play card, my biggest concern is - I didn't know who's card it was until entering it on tradingcarddb.com because even the back doesn't give any clue. Your either recognized the player, or had to look up the card.

Also, decent artwork of McGriff as a Padre - liked him as a Jay - oh well...

Today's Santa Lot 20 is highlighted by, well....this....

Yes, I know it is a Pog - from 2006 to be exact. The question is - do I collect this? Is it a card? does this "fit"? Frankly - I don't know. It is just the one for now, I will keep it (it is already listed in the tradingcarddb.com, so someone must have thought it would be included as a "card"). Given how die cut cards look these days, are we that out to lunch to call a Pog simply, a circular die cut card? The flip side is - no stats or history at all, nothing on the back but a shiny side, so all you have is a player team, name and photo.

Curious to know what others think...

The rest
Keepers:

A nice classic pre-Leaf Mats, a couple more 2007-08 Upper Deck cards, and a nice 2009-10 MVP card, so only a few, but decent ick ups.

Traders:

As I have mentioned, I have the 1991-92 O Pee Chee hockey set, but if I need to get a double, the Amonte card is a great one. Otherwise, some Retail Ultra basketball, and 1991 upper deck football (though the couple rookie card 2007 Topps football aren't too shabby.

Through 2880 cards:
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers Other
Toronto 60 5
Inserts / Var Kept 92 4
Error 11 1
Keep 791 88
Doubles/Sell 273 15 543 660 231 19
Doubles Inserts / Var 19 29 39

No comments:

Post a Comment