Friday, April 29, 2016

More parallels

Nice parallels in the Santa Lot 20 today...

Highlights:

I wish that the names for parallels and finishes on cards were more consistent. I don't know that I would call the look "metal", but apparently that is what we are calling it at least where 2008-09 O Pee Chee hockey is concerned.

With the 4 yesterday, that's 7 2007-08 Topps 1957-58 variation cards in two days and about 12 of the 50 in the set so far. Still would be cool to complete the set, even if it isn't one I plan on keeping...

The rest
Keepers:

As a kid, getting even a faux signed card is pretty cool, so I give Upper Deck credit with Victory and MVP sets which are lower end and marketed to younger collectors - they do a good job generally with them and they still have some appeal for all collectors.

Traders:

Eli has a really nice signature - easy to read, nice script - I hope his actual signature on all cards is so nice. I'd imagine when players are signing hundreds of cards their signature gets more and more poor.

With that - it's the last weekend, and I get my life back next week - or at least more family time. Work can be exhausting when it's 60-70 hours a week. Definitely rewarding, but exhausting...

Summary (through 1980 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 38 4                
Inserts / Var Kept 82 3                
Error 9 1                
Keep 547 71                
Doubles/Sell 182 12 391 328 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 15   19 33            

No comments:

Post a Comment