Monday, April 25, 2016

Have no fuhry...oh wait, I do!

Well - last week of April finally so just need to survive the loooong week at work and this busy season will be behind me. Definitely in the "always tired" phase, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Granted, easy to see the light with the last 80 hour work week behind you...as busy as this next week will be, I should be quite that busy....I hope....

So not tons of time to pull out Santa Lot cards, but I'll try and keep posting!

Highlights:

No huge hits from this 20, but I was always a fan of Grant Fuhr and this is a nice card. I tend to agree with the card also, that Fuhr should be remembered as an Oiler though he played with a number of other teams.

Lowlights:

Dang - that is a lot of damage - glad I don't need this card as I already have a clean one because this will go in the junk pile my kid can play with...maybe he can "Driver" his cars into it and bang it up a little more, and yes - in late April and under sleep deprivation conditions, that joke passes for funny. Sad, but funny.

The rest
Keepers:

A few more 2007-08 SP Authentic cards as I get closer to half way on the 100 card "true" base set (not including the short prints, etc which make up the extra 90 cards.

Traders:

Those 2004 Leaf Certified Materials cards are great for picking up finger prints. A couple seconds with your hands on them and you will leave your mark. At least they wipe off just as easy, but still, try putting them in sleeves without a mark - good luck! If you'd like to try though - they could be yours!

Summary (through 1860 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 37 4
Inserts / Var Kept 79 3
Error 9 1
Keep 528 71
Doubles/Sell 178 12 370 263 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 15 12 33

No comments:

Post a Comment