Thursday, April 21, 2016

Donruss Gridiron Kings

Before we get to kings on th field, condolences to the friends and family of a queen in ring. Regardless of her tumultuous life after leaving WWE, Chyna can be remembered for breaking down many barriers and stereotypes for women in wrestling. Unfortunate that she passed away so young...

With that said, back to the cards at hand. I, like many I think, enjoyed the Donruss Kings cards created for baseball and hockey. I didn't realize they had made a similar insert/set for football. To that regard, the highlights from today's Santa Lot 20 are a few such cards. I don't plan on keeping them, but definitely like the look, and the textured feel of the cards.

Highlights:
 

Of course I'd also include a Blue Jay, especially from 2005 Upper Deck Classics!

The rest
Keepers:
 
 Love the Ed Belfour pose and card on the Pro Set Platinum. Nice to get another 2005 Classics card I was missing also.

Traders:
 
 A shame that a number of the Classics cards are ones already in my collection, but I am sure I can find a home for them all.

Summary (through 1820 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 35 4
Inserts / Var Kept 79 3
Error 9 1
Keep 508 71
Doubles/Sell 170 12 370 253 226 8 5 2 3 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 15 12 33

No comments:

Post a Comment