Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pack Attack - Reaching For A Pinnacle

So, had a not so great day and knew just what I could do to either turn things around, or have something that would be par for the course...

Out of the assorted box of hockey packs, I ended up with two packs of 2010-11 Panini Pinnacle.


The benefit of getting two, you can instantly tell if one is thicker than the other. In this case I definitely had one pack which was thicker. So this will mean one of two things...either I get a nice hit, or I get hit with a nice big slab of cardboard...Before this pack I apparently had a grand total of 4 of the base cards (out of 270) which is not a surprise because in those four cards, as much as I like the full bleed photos, I don't otherwise enjoy the cards.

Let's take a look at the cards I pull, in full dramatic order...here are the first nine cards...

Not horrible, though no Leafs - can appreciate the Datsyuk and Parise. That left me with:

Yep - dummy cardboard...sigh...well, at least I did get a 10th card...

This is a Rink Collection parallel - at least a decent player, doesn't scan great, but an insert I can keep. Could have been worse I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment