Friday, February 19, 2016

Kaberle it on me!

The Santa Lot twenty ended up with a few Leafs, so a success right off the bat, add some more 2008-09 Upper Deck Masterpieces, and I am a happy man!

Highlights:

McCabe and Kaberle are a nice couple additions from their respective sets, but the Masterpiece card is the best to me -and not just because of Salming. In a trade a few months ago I received a number of Leaf cards from the set, but Salming was one of the couple I didn't get, so adding it now is nice a syep closer to the team set (though I am still hopeful for the entire set)

The rest
Keepers:


More Masterpieces makes me happy. As for the others, I know people have mixed feelings regarding Ilya because of his choice to leave the NHL and head back home, and frankly I am torn. I can fully understand the want to work closer to home (which is, my understanding, one of the driving forces to the decision), but I find it hard to figure he did this after signing a long term deal (I think it was 10 years or more). Oh well, he is immortalized in another card in my collection regardless...

Traders:

Along with a string of 1999-2000 Upper Deck MVP cards, some Flower power!

Summary (940 cards):
Specific Accomplishments:
- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)
Hockey Baseball Basketball Football Austin Powers ET Star Wars Rocky KISS Clue
Toronto 17 2                
Inserts / Var Kept 38 3                
Error                
Keep 257 29                
Doubles/Sell 76 4 161 81 218 7 5 2 2 1
Doubles Inserts / Var 8 8 21            

No comments:

Post a Comment