Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Card 1000 brings back an old...foe?

Santa Lot 20 for today see the return of an someone we saw very early on...considering I am looking for sports cards - I'd call him a foe...

Highlights:

For all the complaining I have done about gum damage on 1990-1991 O Pee Chee Russian insert cards, nice to get a few absolutely clean ones...from the next year of course, but I will take it!

Lowlights:

Curse you Austin for showing your face around here again. I really didn't need to see any more of him....My worst nightmare would be getting a complete set of the cards as I would find it harder to get rid of. Maybe I should just randomly insert Austin Power cards when I send trades, sort of a calling card. Except that may stop me from having any more trading partners....

The rest
Keepers:

Br A Player has always been an oddball design to me each year, and this one is no different. I had not seen it before. I don't hate it, as it is atleast different, and I can read it so it isn't horribly ugly, a bit too computer techie look to it though.

Traders:

As always, just call dibs on anything you see that I can send you - though I may wait it out to see if I end up with a complete the Ultra 2004-05 Basketball set, but I already have a number of doubles of the cards I have picked so far.

I appreciate all the readers and anyone who has made comments so far - thank you for taking your time, and always feel free to leave comments and thoughts - I will read and respond to all.

Summary (through 1000 cards):

Specific Accomplishments:









- Completed 2007-08 Upper Deck McDonald's Checklist Subset (6 cards)




Hockey

Baseball

Basketball

Football

Austin Powers

ET

Star Wars

Rocky

KISS

Clue

Toronto

18

2









Inserts / Var Kept

41

3









Error











Keep

266

29









Doubles/Sell

84

4

182

91

224

7

5

2

3

1

Doubles Inserts / Var

8


8

22






2 comments:

  1. That "Do you swing?" Austin Powers card isn't all that bad. Those movies came out when I was just the right age for them, so I've got fond memories of them. I imagine they wouldn't hold up all that well on a re-watch, but I have good memories associated with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day, I did enjoy the movies, have seen them again since and didn't find they held up well. My issue more with the game is how odd it seems - maybe one day I'll sucker my wife into trying to play a game since I have enough cards to do so...

      Delete