Sunday, December 6, 2015

Jays that don't make me Blue

Again, all cards discussed here are thanks to Tigerfan22 from TradingCardDB which, all in added almost 400 new to me Blue Jay cards to my collection.  Here we are going to review some of the earlier Blue Jay cards provided.

Probably one of my favourite Blue Jay players ever, and definitely a top one from the 80s is Dave Stieb. As the late 80s and early 90s was when I truly started watching the Jays, Stieb was one I remember well, including the long wait for his no-hitter after so many close attempts.

Accordingly, the package I received included a number of Stieb cards:



Another great Jay from the mid-80s I remember well was Jesse Barfield - though as a kid it was in part because of his last name that it was so easy to remember, but he was a solid hand and good face for the franchise at the time.


More to come in the next post....into the late 80s we go...

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll have to come back and read more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to check out mine as well.. It's called Not Another Baseball Card Blog

      Delete